- Meet and Greet – September 2nd, 10:00-11:00 AM - This will be an opportunity for you and your student(s) to meet his/her new teacher and spend a few minutes visiting the classroom.
- First day of school Packet Stuffing, 11:00 AM – Multipurpose room
- First day of school - September 3rd, 9:00 AM – for 1st-6th grade students
- Back to School Parent Rally – September 3rd, 9:00 AM -10:00 AM- Right after drop-off in Multi-Purpose Room
- Kindergarten Parent/Teacher Meetings – September 3rd-5th – Teachers will contact Kindergarten parents to schedule a time for their meeting. Kindergarten students do not attend school on these days.
- Full Day of School (No early release) – Friday, September 5th
- First day of school for Kindergarten Students, September 8th, 9:00 AM
- Kindergarten Parents Back to School Rally - September 8th, 9:00 AM, Multi-Purpose Room
Check out the Calendar page for more events and detailed information....
Hello Marvista Families,
Welcome to the 2014-2015 school year! We are looking forward to a wonderful school year. Your Marvista Staff is hard at work preparing for your students’ arrival and the upcoming school year.
Over the summer, we enrolled many new students which allowed us to hire some additional teachers. Two of our esteemed teachers, Ann Clark-Rinstead and Keitha Bryson, made a significant change in their lives by deciding to retire this summer. Additionally, some of our teachers have changed grade levels so we have many changes to share below. Each change or new hire was made after thorough consideration of all options available to us. The filter for every decision we made was, “Is this in the best interest of the students at Marvista?” In each case, I can confidently report the answer was yes! We are just thrilled with the team we have in place to support your children.
All Day Kindergarten Job Share
Tina Belknap and Kelly Fullerton
All Day Kindergarten
New Hire, Kim Nguyen
New Hire, Lisa Snyder
5th Grade Long Term Sub for Cristina Roberts
New Hire, Enrique Mora
EBC Long Term Sub for Susan Bettinger
New Hire, Carrie Ferguson
In addition to new teaching staff, we are fortunate to have a new full time Assistant Principal this year, Terry Holtgraves. Terry has been an educator for over 25 years, most recently serving as an Instructional Coach in the Federal Way School District. Terry’s deep instructional knowledge will be a great asset to our students and staff. We will also have a Principal Intern this year, Ginnie Broussard. Ginnie is finishing her Masters in Educational Leadership and earning her Principal certification by completing her internship this year. We are excited to have such a strong administrative team!
Normally in my welcome back letter, I would be celebrating the academic progress students made last year on the MSP. As you may have heard, Marvista participated in the pilot of the new state test, the SBAC. The state did not release SBAC results this year so I do not have scores to share at this time but I look forward to reporting the results we will get from this year’s SBAC. Additionally, we will be using a variety of meaningful assessments this year to determine student progress which we look forward to sharing with families.
In the next couple of weeks, we have several opportunities to meet and assist you and your student(s) with the transition into this new school year. Please mark your calendars and join us for the following events:
September 2nd from 10:00-11:00 AM - Meet and Greet – Class lists will be posted on this
day. This will be an opportunity for you and your student(s) to meet his/her new teacher
and spend a few minutes visiting the classroom.
September 3rd at 9:00 AM – First day of school for 1st-6th grade students and Back to School Parent Rally in the Multi-Purpose Room. PTSA will provide coffee and pastries for parents after they drop off students.
September 3rd-5th – Kindergarten Parent/Teacher Meetings – Teachers will contact Kindergarten parents to schedule a time for their meeting. Kindergarten students do not attend school on these days.
September 8th at 9:00 AM – First day of school for Kindergarten Students and Back to School Rally for Kindergarten Parents in Multi-Purpose Room. PTSA will provide coffee and pastries for parents after they drop off students.
I look forward to working with you and your students this year. Enjoy your last few weeks of summer!
- School Supply Lists: School supply lists can be found on the Highline School District website. Please click here.
- Bus Schedules: WebQuery helps you determine the school serving your neighborhood and the available bus stops.
- Primary Transportation Form (K, 1st, 2nd, 3rd): Transportation Form
- Mobile App: The easiest way to stay on top of the latest news and information about your neighborhood school is to download our free Highline mobile app. Learn more here.
- Contact Information: Make sure we have your current phone number and email address so we can reach you quickly during an emergency. Update your contact information with your school office.
Subscribe to FlashAlert to receive closure or emergency information from school
Text Alerts and Mobile Apps
To get instant and direct notifications on school closures and emergencies, subscribe to FlashAlert. FlashAlert sends a bulletin directly to your cell phone in the event of a school schedule change or emergency at your child’s school. To subscribe, create an account with FlashAlert. You can choose notifications by email, text messages, and/or phone calls.
- Marvista Teachers & Staff
- Illuminate Home Connection
- Highline School District Website
- Highline District Calendar
- District Meal Menu and Prices
- Boundary/Transportation Information
- Transfer Requests
Visit the Marvista Elementary page for more links.
Visit our Volunteer page for information and sign-up forms.
Support your children, join your local PTSA today!
Membership is only $15 per individual or $25 per family (two adults + kids). Your support helps fund important educational and recreational opportunities for all of our kids at Marvista. Please consider joining today!