Home » Committees » Safety
The Safety Committee is committed to the safety of all students and visitors on campus. Volunteers are needed as crossing guards and monitoring the drop off and pick up zone. We also appreciate help inventorying and packing Emergency backpacks for each classroom.
- Speed limit in a school zone is 20 mph.
- Student drop off and pick up is in front of the main entrance (access from Marine View Drive) to the school.
- The north entrance on Marine View Drive is for buses ONLY.
- Travel in a loop, staying to the right as you enter the main part of the lot.
- Drop off and pick up ONLY in the designated area.
- Children need to enter and exit your vehicle to the curb side ONLY.
- In the pick up zone, pull forward as far as possible and stay in your vehicle. Your child will be directed to you.
- Drive slowly and yield to pedestrians. They have the right of way.
- Avoid using your cell phone to reduce distractions.
- Cross ONLY at marked crosswalks, waiting for a signal from the crossing guard and looking both ways before crossing.
- Park ONLY in designated spaces along the south side of the main lot. The two center aisles are for staff parking ONLY.
- MOST IMPORTANT – BE A GOOD ROLE MODEL FOR OUR KIDS!
Jen Klingenstein –