Home » Committees » Reflections
The Reflections Program is a National PTA and a Washington State PTA cultural arts competition. The purpose for this program is to provide an opportunity for students to use their creative talents by expressing themselves through their own original works, created around a specific theme. This year’s theme is “The Magic of a Moment” and you decide how to express that in your artwork. General Participation Rules and Entry Forms are available below. Rules and Entry forms are also available in Spanish. Students can enter up to two works in any of the following art categories. Only original works of art created by the artist working alone, for the 2012-2013 theme are accepted.
- Dance Choreography – create original choreographed dance and perform it on tape.
- Film Production – fiction or nonfiction video created as animation, a narrative, documentary, experimental, or music video.
- Literature – works of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, prose, drama, short stories, and lyrics.
- Music Composition – original musical composition, with or without lyrics.
- Photography – prints up to 11″x14″ in color or black andwhite, including techniques of photogram, retouched, montage,
sandwich, and multiple exposures.
- Visual Arts – prints, drawings, paintings, collages, photographic collages, metal etching, fiber works and computer generated art. Works of art must be flat and must not exceed more than 3/8″ thickness. Artwork may not exceed 24″x30″ including matting.
Submission deadline: Monday, November 13th
Dance Choreography Rules & Guidelines
Film Production Rules & Guidelines
Literature Rules & Guidelines
Musical Composition Rules & Guidelines
Photography Rules & Guidelines
Visual Arts Rules & Guidelines
For art samples, please visit the National PTA Reflections website.
David Derickson – email@example.com